Ender 2 Extrusion Problem

Hello Everyone!

My Ender 2 is currently experiencing a problem. During prints, the filament is somehow getting stuck in the hotend even though the nozzle temp is normal. When the filament gets stuck. I can push the filament through the nozzle fine manually and after that it starts to extrude properly again. The extruder stepper motor still spins normally during this.

I made sure that all screws are tight and that the extruder arm pushes the filament into the teeth gear properly. I took apart the hot-end and everything was normal.

I cant think of what could cause this problem.

0 Likes

You missed to tell us one important information :wink:

0 Likes

Type of filament? What is “normal” temperature? :upside_down_face:

0 Likes

Printing PLA @ 200*c

0 Likes

Then i would try to print with 205°C or better 210°C.
When it starts stringing the PLA absorbed water and you have to dry it.

When you print PLA with low temperatures and your pid is not perfectly set / or and in addition with a Bowden setup, the filament can get stuck.

0 Likes

I have since tried changing the nozzle temperature to 205c and 210c but I still encounter the same problem.

0 Likes

Take a look at the point where the filament makes contact with the hobbed gear on the extruder motor. Is the filament being chewed by the gear? Sometimes the pressure can me too great against the filament and you may need to back it out a bit.

0 Likes