Infitary m508, marlin, extrusion issue

#1

Ok, I’ve totally lost the plot.

Installed marlin + a bltouch on my infitary m508, and now I’m getting constant under extrusion unless I set my extrusion multiplayer to about 1.8

I’ve seen (and fixed) this before where the slicer has the wrong filament diameter. But that’s not the case this time. Been googling for 2 days and nothing, any ideas? I’m now convinced that my “DEFAULT_NOMINAL_FILAMENT_DIA” must be set wrong, but I can’t find where it is :expressionless:

Someone please show me where I’ve stupided before I hurt my brain any more lol

Dan

0 Likes

#2

Hi Dan,

Check your extruder step rate in configuration.h.

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {xx,xx,xxxx,XXX}

-Stefan

0 Likes

#3

I’ll take a look, but i don’t think that’s the problem.
(DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {100,100,400,92.6}) - looks the same as the previous firmware before i updated to marlin

When I tell the extruder to move 10mm, it does move 10mm of filament
Had me confused, and trying to unclog my nozzle for ages that did… its a 0.3 mm nozzle, so whenever anything gos wrong my first thought is that i’ve clogged it.

0 Likes

#4

Ok, my steps per unit seems to be right. I took the motor off, and “extruded” 25mm, and sure enough, 25mm of filament were “extruded”

So I have an interesting problem. My slicer is set up for 1.75mm filament, my printer is using 1.75mm filament, but extruding as if it’s running 3mm filament. Now I’m really confused

0 Likes