Introduce Yourself!

Howdy, I joined the forum some time ago, but never introduced myself. I’m Dik and live in Georgia, USA. I’m a retired IT professional, life long woodworker, and started printing 5-6 years ago when a fellow I was doing some CAD and prototype work for gave me a version of a Sells Mendel to print prototypes with. I used it for 2-3 years until I stopped doing things for him, and it sat covered in my lab off of my wood shop. When in 2017 I decided to start printing again, the Mendel had all kinds of issues and I could not get it working again. In December 2017 I ordered a MK3 and received it in March 2018. I love the MK3 and use it mostly for things for my shop. Eventually I want to restore the Sells Mendel. Because of the dust that seeps into the lab from the shop, I have built an enclosure for the MK3 .

Also a newbie here, our main focus being on3d rendering services rather than 3d printing. Just starting to become acquainted with 3d printing and the industry, hence why i joined the forum

Hello All,
My name is René Schmidts, located in South Germany.
I got my first printer in February 2018, a Tevo Tornado. Some days ago I finished the build of my second one. It’s a Prusa clone more or less.
I’m a trained electrician, but working in sales.
3d printing is completing my possibilities and interests.
I like to have good discussions and getting new ideas…

The name’s Jason. The place’s San Antonio. The project’s a RepStrap.

I’m a senior in high school doing a research project on the feasibility of scrapping old printers (2D printers, mind you) into 3D printers.
My main goal is to have a working 3D printer by April, while also compiling data about different types of printers to scrap, what parts to expect, what skills are needed, etc.

I’ve been enthusiastic about 3D printing for two years now, and I was 3D printing sensei of the 2 Prusa MK3’s our school got last year. (psa, never let an unskilled student use one, EVER)

Anyways, I’ve only recently joined online communities in hopes of finding more information regarding bootstrap RepRap machines (RepStraps, RepScraps, and others) similar to my project.
If you know, or you know someone who knows, or you have a close friend or relative or spouse or neighbor that might know where to find good info about this kind of thing, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thanks y’all!
Jason

Hi, I am James living in New Zealand.
I picked up my first 3d printer a year ago, but before that I was scratch building projects.
This has fed my hunger for tinkering, given me a reason for learning CAD (I have tried and failed so many times because I had no avenue to do anything with the designs, now I have!), and given me the ability to create so much more.

Nice too meet all of you new folks! Keep up the enthusiasm :slight_smile: