Prusa firmware for RAMPS Prusa i3 clones with MK42 beds

The new firmware is only released for the mk2.5/3

0 Likes

So, i managed to grab a A4988 and replaced the extruder DRV8825 with it. After calibrating the esteps i did a test, and the issue was gone. So im wondering, can it be that this firmware doesnt like the DRV8825 or probably the DRV8825 are with a lower quality? I did some research and there are people that did found problems with them.

0 Likes

Hello, I got the firmware onto my mks base without any Problems but I would like to use an optical filament sensor. Would it be possible to use the D21 Pin and enable the M600 Filament Sensor Function?

0 Likes

it was informative

0 Likes

Does sonebody know a ported Firmware for Mk2.5 or Mk2 with the new MK52 heated Bed?

0 Likes

do you only need it because of the mk52?

Then you could just adjust some points for the pinda probe for the headbed.
i had to do it for my frame to get the mk42 to work,too .

0 Likes

Yes only for the bed, I’ve a nice working clone with TitanAero extruder and got myself a MK52 12V bed, with mk42 I’m running PrusaFW3.1.0.
I think it’s not as simple, cause they implemented a whole new xyz calibration and the mk52 bed only uses 4 points instead of 9 :frowning:

0 Likes

Hoping someone can help its kind of off topic but still relevant. I have basically put a MK2.5 in a CR-10 frame, I call it Crearibo. So I have a mini rambo and using prusa’s 3.4.1 firmware and I want to change the mesh bed leveling so it spans the 300x300 bed. I changed what I though was right but made no difference. Am I missing something can any one please help.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

Does this firmware support sensorless homing for the TMC2130 driver?

Is it going to be difficult to program this feature?

0 Likes

actually prusa released a new firmware for the mk2.5
which consists some parts i was back porting to 3.10

now it is easier to build in a software side switch for the different heat beds
I also now have a pinda2 lying around so then i don’t have to fine-tune the first layer after material changes :smiley:
So it is worth to put some work in it.

regarding to

this is solveable by deleting some points in the firmware.

I am using some custom parts on my dolly which was rebuild with a mk3 frame
But the extrusions were to long (the right cut ones were to expensive at this time) and i don’t wanted to cut them myself.

So my printer is longer and so i had to align the bed in the firmware to match the calibration points.

0 Likes

hI,

Where could i find MK2.5 firmware for Ramps 1.4 / MKS?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Anyone could help me please?

0 Likes

Actually i have no time left to update to the newer version …

The board have to be added.
In general the steps slippyr4 did on the old branch.

0 Likes

Thank you for your response. Could you send me a link to follow the steps and add the board in the firmware?

Is there old MK2.5 firmware available?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes

slippyr4 Please can you add TMC2130 with SPI support? (sensorless homing).

0 Likes

getting the newer version to work for the MKS gen you will need:
a Fan which can controlled via PWM
A Pinda2 probe + prusa filament sensor
Modify the meshbedleveling, and xyz calibration.

Currently waiting for a pwm fan …

0 Likes

I need TMC2130 support :frowning:

0 Likes

Are TMC2130 drivers supported in @slippyr4 version?
I have built a MK2 dolly with Ramps 1.6, X & Y TMC2130 drivers and MK42 heated bed.
I guess it’s tough task, but is there a possibility to modify official firmware 3.1.0 with marlin 1.1.9 TMC2130 functionality? I found sakibc modification, but it’s little bit buggy/out of date:

0 Likes

here is a fork/ tree with pinda2 support :smiley:

0 Likes