Tuning maximum print speed

Hi,

I have a prusa i3 clone printer with ramps 1.4 running marlin 1.1.5 firmware that I have been trying to tune to print speed 80 mm/s without artefacts.
The issue that I have is that after trying out different jerk and acceleration speeds, I’m still getting ghosting on printed object.

At the moment I have tried the following at 80 mm/s in cura slicer:

• Print movement speed 1000 mm/s^2 with jerk set 10 and 16 results in minor reduction but there is still ghosting on the printed object.
  • Print movement speed 800 mm/s^2 with jerk set 10 and 16 same results as before, some minor improvement could be seen but the ghosting is there.

The rest of the acceleration settings have the following values:

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 200.7748, 197.9782, 800.6468, 213.200 }
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 200, 200, 3, 25 }
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1000, 1000, 100, 10000 }
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          800    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  1000    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   1000    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

Is this impossible to achieve on my printer or am I missing something in my tuning process/configuration?

Thank you

0 Likes

Keep in mind that you’re working with a direct drive extruder set-up, which is relatively heavy. You might try modifying your Dolly to use a Bowden extruder to reduce your moving mass.

0 Likes

I do already use a bowden extruder on my printer.
So far using a combination of Toms guide and prusa i3 mks settings, I’m kind of getting some where but still need some help.
Will see were I end up.

0 Likes